Sunday, November 28, 2010

Inkurable Stampers - Shabby Chic Christmas

I recycled 3 old CDs and made this Christmas wall hanging for our front door for the Shabby Chic Christmas challenge over at Inkurable Stampers.

Photobucket

From what I understand of shabby chic, it's about vintage, it's about having that "shabby" paint or over-all weathered look, and incorporates a lot of girly things like ribbon and trim.

It was super easy to use gel medium to adhere my patterned paper to the front of 3 never-to-be-watched again VCDs.

Photobucket

I positioned my elements, stamped on the tag, used foam tape to adhere my vintage image from an advertising catalogue, used double-sided tape for the other elements, and used Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents to adhere the green plastic star from Gauche Alchemy's Envy Green Mixed Media Color Kit. I then swiped white acrylic paint all around the edge.

Photobucket

I stamped my postage stamp images using Versafine brown and black ink and Memento brown ink. I adhered my Santa vintage image on white cardstock, then used double-sided tape to attach it on top of the cheesecloth. Then I attached the cheesecloth on the patterned paper with double-sided tape. I used Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents to attach the ribbon and embellishment. Swiped white acrylic paint on edge.

Photobucket

Adhered ribbon with double-sided tape. Tied twine and metal charm to small tag, then stamped and adhered with double-sided tape at an angle. Used foam tape to adhere vintage image. Adhered Maya Road felt bird and bingo chip with double-sided tape. Swiped white acrylic paint on edge.

Photobucket

I then glue-gunned two strips of glue at the backs to attach my "hanging" ribbon on each CD.

I had to position my 3 CDs front to back on a table then position the red "hanging" ribbon on top of them. I simply folded the red ribbon in half so that two lines of ribbon would support each CD.

And then I glue-gunned one CD at a time. For added endurance (I hope), I then used double-sided tape to adhere black cardstock on top of the ribbons (at the back, sorry, no photo).

Stamps: Queen Kat Designs - Aged Text Background Stamp, Going Postal Stamp Set, Asian Postage Stamp Set

5 comments: