Friday, August 5, 2011

Our Week - July 25 to July 31

Thanks to the inspiration (and free daily sheets) of Ali Edwards, I was able to capture probably one of the coolest weeks in our life. I don't know whether it was a conscious effort to make things happen, but the moment I started on this project, the blessings just came rushing in. So thank You, God.

Rather than work in a new mini-book, since this was capturing our life for one week, I simply printed out the free daily sheets Ali Edwards provided HERE onto 4 x 6 white cardstock and adhered them inside my current diary.

This is a notebook I got for P99 at Dimensione.

I didn't want to lose heart mid-way into the project since we've just had crazy days lately, so I kept it simple -- the daily sheets, stamping, and turquoise masking tape from National Bookstore. Plus the photos of course.




The photo of me and Matt on the lower left-hand side is my new favorite photo.

I added a postal mailing envelope to include the receipt and menu from Yellow Cab take-out. And lots of doodling.

Matt got into the action too and declared he wanted a mini-book of his own. We spent two hours just building his mini-book. He even finished his mini-book ahead of mine because it was a separate mini-book and all he needed to do was to draw the highlights of his day.


The Angry Birds pig in the lower left-hand photo is from Toy Kingdom. Matt lugs it around everywhere. That and another pig he got earlier from AR.

It was the week we finally got to see "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2". PLus it was splurging on books on sale at Booksale and Powerbooks.

Saw this mosque in the middle of nowhere at Quiapo. Beauty and faith amidst all the grime and underground economy at Quiapo.




Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

  1. nina! i also have this notebook! your journal is an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! Missed doing it but will be going mine in august.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on Week in the life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh beautiful! Love your journal. I gotta work on mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! great way to simplify this project. cute notebook and I love the stamps. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely unique week in the life. Loved how you made it so simple yet so full of life & personality. Ali Edwards posted a link on Facebook, that's how I found you.
    Stacey in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative! The Angry Birds are world wide ... my son is addicted to the game (he is 7).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Panalow! I got here through Ali Edwards herself--she tweeted about your album :) --Lex

    ReplyDelete
  9. NINA!!!!! I absolutely love your book! awesome stamps too! (envious!!!) :D Can't wait to start putting my own WITL. I am overwhelmed by all the photos I took last week :( Did you print yours from home?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool! And the best part besides the stamps and blue tape - you're done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow love it!!!! super nice and miss yah sis!

    -cookie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you've just popped it into your current diary (I've done something similar - no separate book), and included all the pages and the handwritten notes on your day. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found this on Pinterest... love love love that you kept it simple! VERY cool!

    ReplyDelete