Saturday, August 27, 2011

Words to Live By class from Big Picture Classes

I joined the recent Words to Live By free class from Big Picture Classes. I'm just so glad that I made this art journal before we left Manila.

This is an art journal I made from bound watercolor papers. I then colored the backgrounds with various watercolors then embellished accordingly.

Photobucket
Cover page
Love this free postcard I got from one of the bookstores here in Taoyuan, Taiwan.

Photobucket
Another free postcard plus a map of the MRT stations in Taipei.

Photobucket
I used a stencil with heavy bodied acrylic paint and added a piece of paper from a Gauche Alchemy kit (on the left page) plus various ephemera, label stickers, papers and tapes.

Photobucket
I've been collecting various ephemera, like the brown paper bag from a previous trip and the papers I journaled on in the right page is actually a small free brochure.

Photobucket
This was probably my favorite background, so I wanted to keep the focus on the background. I simply added my embellishments, stamped images, and rub-ons, then stenciled in some alphabet letters with a white pen.

Photobucket
I used an alphabet die-cut patterned paper for the background and spray ink. Added my text pages, cut some for my title, and added paper tape for my journaling.

Photobucket
A postcard I got from a stationery set which I pinned with a decorative pin before adhering. I also stapled the tag stickers before adhering them to the page.

Photobucket
The main gray background is a piece of stationery, then I added several pieces of transparency with inspirational messages on them on top. I used paper tape for the borders.

Photobucket
I stamped my images on white cardstock, cut them out and adhered them to the page. I used a butterfly punch on Chinese paper then adhered them with gauze tape. I then journaled and doodled on the page.

Photobucket
Extra pages
I couldn't resist using my favorite media - gesso and acrylic paint.

Photobucket
Back cover

3 comments:

  1. very artistic!!!! well expressed and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful art journal!!!!

    Hugs,

    PattiM
    {Pattie's passion}

    I Scrap So All Moments ARe Remembered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful AJ pages. I absolutely love how you placed your journalling on the paper tape. I'll be CASE-ing that for sure.

    Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete