Friday, October 28, 2011

Art journal pages with washi tape

Here are some of my recent art journal pages, minus the words of course, with lots and lots of washi tape.

I've been playing around with watercolors as well. Although my favorite medium is still acrylic paint, watercolors and gouache come a close second just because I can stamp on top of it without any worries.

The turquoise measuring tape is washi tape.

I've also fallen in love with my much-neglected Ranger Archival Ink Pad, which I've only embarassingly found stamps just fine on acrylic paint.

I drew a rough outline of my flowers then filled them in with strips of washi tape.

Here's a close-up:


Went a little moon-crazy, one of my fave rubber stamps.

Strips.

Edges.

Thanks again to Beebee of Walk on the Wild Side HERE for her generous giveaway of a zine, which came with a delightful bits and bobs collage pieces kit and circle stickers. Below are just some of the pretty papers she gave me.

Thanks again, Beebee!

P.S. Do check out her delightful zines in her store HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Wow :) :) LOVE these and i adore washi tape!
    Love the colours too xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Nina! LOVE how you used water color paint on the first page! Looks like you are really playing and exploring- which is really fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete