Sunday, January 1, 2012

To new beginnings

It's the year 2012, a brand-new year.

I had a miserable time over the holidays. I had yet another epic fight with my Mom. I'd like to say it was entirely her fault, but well, of course I would tell the story from my point of view.

Suffice it to say that I am learning to stand up for myself and to appreciate who I am, and to draw strength from the people who DO matter. God loves me, my husband loves me, and I have a son whom I need to be strong and live for. That's all that really matters, in the end.

New Year's Eve, last night, I had a severe allergic reaction to alcohol. I had one glass of Bailey's and, before I knew it, my pulse was throbbing like crazy, my head started spining, and I broke out in a rash.

I'm no doctor, but let's just say I thank God there was antihistamine and blood pressure meds in the house, else I probably won't be here typing this.

It's funny to "almost die" on New Year's Eve. AR was in a calm panic, frantically searching for the antihistamine and asking if I wanted to go to the hospital. Matt was almost in tears.

It gives you a new perspective on life.

Honestly, all the bad stuff in the past doesn't matter. The only important thing is what you are doing with your life right now. The future doesn't even matter, because all we really have is this moment right now. Of course, as parents, we want the future to be bright, especially for our children.

But, at the end of the day, all we can do is to work and live as best as we can, in every moment we're still here.

Anyway, just wanted to share the talk for the New Year given at CCF. Yes, it's very pertinent, I think, and probably reassures me so much more than I can say.



We have one life. What will you do with your one precious life?

No comments:

Post a Comment