Friday, September 28, 2012

Singapore

We've been in Singapore for 4 days. And although I understand some people complaining there's nothing to do in Singapore but shop and go to Universal Studios, Janet Jackson's song keeps playing in my head: "The Best Things in Life are Free".

I thought it would be an inconvenience to be so far away from downtown, but even this little nook of Singapore is fast growing a special place in my heart.


Our hotel at the East Coast. There's a mall across the way and taxis and buses are convenient.


Bougainvillea at the pedestrian walkways 


Food court across the street. Apparently, aside from venturing all the way to Chinatown, this is as close as we are going to get to street food.

Singapore has little pleasures and surprises that I love. Today, it was stumbling on the ocean within walking distance from the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment