Friday, December 14, 2012

New art journal

I've made several art journals for the year but never actually got to put anything in them, except for my travel scrapbook-style art journal plus my writing journals.

It felt time for this one.


I found this 5" x 6.5" spiral-bound recipe book from Booksale for P115 or around US$2.85.

I applied two coats of gesso to the sturdy glossy cardboard-like pages, then added a coat of colored acrylic paint.


On the left, the inner page behind the front page, I applied washi tape from Hey Kessy, then applied a coat of white acrylic paint diluted with acrylic medium.

On the cover page, I just applied a layer of beige paint, stamped the hot air balloon (Inkadinkado), then used an alphabet stencil with my black Staedtler pen.


I love how this page turned out. I usually don't use bright colors and it was a refreshing change.

First, I applied a coat of yellow acrylic paint mixed with white and orange paint. I let that dry before swiping additional colors of orange and white acrylic paint.

I also pasted down some chinese text pages. Tip: For a cheaper alternative to Mod Podge, I used PVA glue (standard Elmer's Glue) mixed with water until I got a more Mod Podge kind of fluidity.

Then I went to town with using sequin waste from Gauche Alchemy as a stencil, among other stencils.

I also used Queen Kat Designs' Random Text Background Stamp.

Some stamping on the upper left-hand page and a white rub-on (the white box on the right page) and then I wrote my journaling with a black Staedtler pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment