Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Updates

First, yes, I reached my Nanowrimo goal: 50,651 words. My story is only halfway there and I haven't had the chance to continue writing, but, still, 50,000 words later, I can't help feel that that is the key to writing. Putting in your daily quota, or just putting butt in chair, even if you don't feel like it.



Second, this past weekend, we also got to go to the lovely island paradise of Boracay.


Two days is way too short. But, still, I'm so grateful to my Tita Mar for inviting us to get away from the real world for a while.

I'd been to Boracay ages ago and I'd forgotten how wonderful it was. White Beach is still the most fun and beautiful place, with its white and fine sand and the fun restos and establishments right on the beach.

On the downside, the island has gotten way overpopulated and it was sad to see the beggars on White Beach; some kids would even sleep on the sand with a tin can in front of them.

Lastly, I'm still coughing a bit. I took antibiotics for one week and praying that it's enough for me to get to full recovery.

Next weekend, we'll be attending my husband's cousin's wedding up in Baguio.

2012 has been a crazy year, literally and figuratively. But I'm always grateful for the times we get to get away from day-to-day life and travel. Says the person who always claims she hates to travel and leave her comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment