Thursday, February 14, 2013

Boracay and a sketch challenge

Here's the January 2013 sketch challenge over at Life.Paper.Scrapbook. :

 photo 01JanSketch_zps4282e4a9.jpg

And here's my take on it:

 photo boracaybyninapatenasm_zps665ede6b.jpg

Boracay
The yellow moon keychain is actually an old favorite from Cebu but it felt right to finally use it.

We were testing out our new printer, hence the multiple photos. Yup, obviously, we still couldn't get the right colors, but well, it seemed a shame not to scrap them.

Lots of "mistakes" on this layout, like the inverted letter right smack in the middle of the title. But, it worked since I was going for a playful theme anyway. The white paint and turquoise spray wasn't meant to be there either. On the left side, I was trying to cover up the black smear from the black spray ink, but, well, I figured, sometimes it's best just to embrace the mistakes.

I got to try out the digital papers I recently downloaded. Here are the links to them:

Chevrons and Quatrefoil Digital Paper 4 Pak from MammaRachel

Light Turquoise Moroccan Tile Paper by melstampz

Chevron Digital Paper by Minq + Mode

I also made my own stamps out of rubber foam:

 photo stamping_zpsc1549966.jpg

 photo stamps_zps6888756f.jpg

Also linking this to: Shop Your Stash Challenge Blog.

1. I used the sketch from LPS.
2. Instead of using an old, unopened stamp, I made my own.
3. The technique that scares me has been to make my own stamp. I can't say I love it 100% but at least it's the actual image I want. And using rubber foam is so easy. Just trace your design and cut.
4. I used the keychain I'd been holding on to for forever. Plus I've been loading up my chevron digital papers. This is the first time I've printed them out to use.
Bonus: Although I didn't time myself, I was in a hurry to finish this today before the sun went down becasue I wanted to take a photo. I think it took me about an hour and a half or two to make this layout.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Love how you made use of your own stamps. The effect is really cool! Thanks for playing along with us at LPS! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever are you!! I love your homemade stamp!! Thanks for playing along with us over at LPS..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Love the stamping & texture.

    ReplyDelete