Thursday, October 10, 2013

Prayer

Dear Lord, God, Father Almighty, Loving Father, Beloved Mother,

I'm too tired to write this down. Please give/lend me the strength to go on. When I need sleep and rest, grant me Your mercy and ease my burden.

When I worry, grant me Your peace. Help me to do what I can and to let go of what I can't do anything about. Teach me how to defeat laziness. And even if your most powerful gift to me is the imagination You have bestowed upon me, teach me to hold on to dreams, to make them useful for You in my mission to spread Your message of love and salvation. Wake me up before my dreams turn into nightmares. And when I do have nightmares, teach me the lessons I need to learn. And to find beauty even in nightmares and accept that the good comes with the bad, that is the balance of the universe.

Please strengthen my faith. And help me accept that fear and loneliness and rejection are part of it.

Remind me that Your love is the only Perfect Love. But not to forget to love my fellow journeyers and travellers on this path we call life.

Maybe it is such a short journey. Maybe it can get tedious. Maybe we keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

But I trust and believe that we are learning what we need to: a step at a time, an inch at a time, even if it's just how to sit still and breathe in and out, even if it's just how to be grateful for both the laughter and the tears.

Teach us how to dance with our anger. For without it, we would never learn how to defend our loved ones, how to stand up for our ourselves, how to learn to ask for forgiveness.

Teach us mercy. That even if it is difficult to apologize or be forgiven, that You love us no matter what and You even sent Your own Son to die on the cross for us. We love You, Lord. Amen.


Love,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment