Thursday, October 17, 2013

Smile for No Good Reason


Someone gave me this book during a very important time in my life. Unfortunately, someone also got that copy so I had to buy another one. The bright side is that I got it on sale at National Bookstore.

*Click on the photo for the link to the website.

***

"Think what it would be like to get up in the morning and know that the world was full of your teachers. Not one enemy, only people to help you along on your spiritual path. The guy who cuts you off on the freeway is there to teach you about letting go. The person who is late for your appointment is there to teach you about patience. Your spouse is there to teach you about kindness. Literally everyone who comes into your life is there to teach you how to see from the perspective of love and respond in compassion." 

- p. 177, Smile For No Good Reason: 12 Principles for Lasting Happiness by Lee Jampolsky

***

As much as I love the idea that everyone who comes into your life is a "spiritual teacher", in a way, I'm kind of at the point in my life where I just wanna hide under a rock and never come out.

I'm hurting right now, not just from strangers, but, sadly, even from those closest to me. I made new friends and then I lost them just as easily. Part and parcel of life, people would say. People come and go, right?

But, right now, I'm just trying to build a cocoon around myself, especially my heart.

Sometimes, you do need to stay away from the madding and the maddening crowd, even if they were the people closest to you.

I think I need another Soul Restoration workshop. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment