Monday, November 24, 2014

Religious Emergence/y in DSM V

Found this while surfing online:

DSM-V Diagnostic Category: Religious and Spiritual Problems

Frankly, I'm no expert on spiritual emergence/y. I just happened to have similar experiences with it from 2012 up until this year. 

The doctor prescribed me medications that he said would have to be maintenance meds, meaning I take them for the rest of my life.

My mother is a graduate of Psychology and even she says that the medicine shouldn't be a crutch that you rely on for the rest of your life.

I prefer the more realistic diagnosis that you take the meds as needed. The problem/trouble with spiritual emergence/y is when to know when you're due to get the meds, which can only be prescribed by a doctor.

It's a vicious cycle and one I'd really like to get off on. 

The adventure continues. Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment