Saturday, February 27, 2016

Altered manila file folders and an art journal page


Altered manila file folders.*

Played around with white manila folders, acrylic paint, watercolors, a black marker, Liquid Paper, and stencils. The lettering for the word "wish" and the word "imagine" in the art journal page below I traced from cardboard letters and a metal sign. The metal sign, I got from Papemelroti.


Art journal page - Imagine*

If you had the space to dream, what would be your dreams? I think I've forgotten mine. Or, at least, I am in search of new ones. I still dream about Manila 2060 and maybe my little bookstore cafe and house by the beach. But, honestly, I think, it seriously hurts when I realize that dreams are just dreams. And sometimes it seems impossible for them to come true. That's why you gotta hold on to the ones that are worth holding onto, the ones that are really important, I know that now. If you give up on everything, you lose hope and faith and meaning in life. It's enough to kill you. So keep on dreaming and holding on, Nina. God wants you to be happy. And, sometimes, with His blessing, you have to work for that happiness.

Don't be afraid.
Hold my hand.
Everything's going to be OKAY.
Just TRUST and BELIEVE.
KEEP ON DREAMING.
IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO HOLD ON.
Just keep praying. And believing.
AR said something the other day that I need to remember.
Sometimes all the little steps are enough.
He said just take it a step at a time.

*Click on the photos to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment