Wednesday, November 2, 2016

NaNoWriMo Day 2



So, it's the second day of NaNoWriMo and already I'm ready to throw my laptop out the window. Nothing is working out and everything I write sounds like utter crap.

On the positive side of things, at least I am writing rather than just thinking about my story endlessly. 

They say to not worry about the first draft since nobody's going to see it anyway. And the real work begins when you start editing. 

I just wish I was 14 years old again and I'm still writing the first (and last) novella I wrote. I had so much more confidence when I was a kid. And I didn't make things difficult for myself.

Now I have to battle huge amounts of self-loathing, self-criticism, and, sigh, have no self-confidence at all.

But the writing marches on. I'm barely making it to the daily word count but will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment